HOBOKEN, N.J. (October 20, 2020) – It is time for the following installment of “Meet The Duck Tuesday.” This week, we caught up with Assistant Males’s Basketball Coach, Chris Thompson.
Set for his fifth season on the sidelines for the boys’s basketball program, Thompson has helped the Geese common 19 wins over the past 4 seasons, together with a program record-matching 23 one season in the past. This system has superior to the postseason in every of the final 4 years, culminating within the Geese’ first-ever convention championship.
Thompson arrived in Hoboken after spending one season on the employees of Elmira School. As a Hovering Eagle the Voorheesville, New York native helped the crew set a file with 230 three-point area objectives and helped Hayden Harkins end with the sixth-most threes (71) in a single season in program historical past.
Earlier than his tenure in Elmira, Thompson spent two years on the sidelines at fellow Empire eight Convention establishment, St. John Fisher School. Throughout his time in Pittsford, Thompson helped the Cardinals flip in one among their most profitable seasons in 2015, reaching 25 victories and reaching the third spherical of the 2015 NCAA Division III Event. At each Elmira and St. John Fisher, Thompson was concerned within the day-to-day operations of this system, together with recruiting, participant evaluations, official visits, recreation movie, neighborhood service and fundraising – actions he additionally performs a key position in at Stevens.
Along with his collegiate teaching expertise, Thompson coached at Clayton A. Bouton Excessive Faculty along with serving because the Director of Basketball Operations for his alma mater, the State College of New York at Plattsburgh, whereas finishing his undergraduate diploma.
He graduated from SUNY Plattsburgh along with his bachelor’s diploma in childhood training in 2011 and completed his grasp’s in literacy at Elmira in 2016.
- First yr at Stevens: 2016-17
- Favourite factor about working at Stevens: The relationships constructed with student-athletes and colleagues.
- Greatest student-athlete at Stevens throughout your time right here: Too many to call one
- Proudest second throughout your time at Stevens: Watching our student-athletes minimize down the online after successful the MAC Freedom Championship final season figuring out the time, effort, and sacrifice they put into attaining that objective.
- A enjoyable truth about you that most individuals have no idea: I performed the Baritone Horn at school band from fifth Grade to Senior 12 months of Excessive Faculty
- What’s the most fascinating truth about you? I come from a wrestling household with varied N.Y. Sectional, Regional and State Champion cousins.
- What accomplishment are you most pleased with? Again-to-back sixth Man of the 12 months Awards for Midday Hoops (’17-’18 and ’18-’19 educational years)
- First job: Basketball camp counselor
- 5 favourite Podcasts: “The Previous Man & The Three,” JJ Redick and Tommy Alter; “The Lowe Publish,” Zach Lowe; “Pardon My Take,” Barstool Sports activities; “Titus and Tate,” Mark Titus and Tate Frazier; “Discovering Mastery,” Michael Gervais
- First live performance: Backstreet Boys with my older sister
- Favourite entertainer: Robin Williams
- Favourite film or tv present: The League
- Favourite e book: Inexperienced Mile by Stephen King
- Favourite meals: Chocolate Milk. I do know it is a drink, however I do not care.
- Favourite snack: Pineapple chunks
- Favourite radio station: 94.7 – Nash FM
- Favourite quantity and why: 21 – wore it for many of my enjoying days in a number of sports activities.
- Favourite school or skilled sports activities crew: Yankees, New York Giants
- Favourite place on campus: Canavan Area
- Favourite pizza place in Hoboken: Gio’s.
- Who would play you in a film? Matt Damon. I’ve had greater than 10 individuals cease me over time pondering I used to be him.
- What did you need to be while you had been a toddler? NBA Participant, MLB Participant, or Meteorologist
- What’s your go-to karaoke music? “Do not Need To Miss A Factor,” Aerosmith
- Who was/is your mentor: Coach Hurley- In my view, humility is without doubt one of the most essential traits of a person, and no person embodies humility greater than him.
- Favourite quote: “Some individuals apply till they get it proper, we apply till we won’t get it mistaken” – Geno Auriemma
- Favourite board recreation: Join 4
- Utilizing one phrase, how would you describe your loved ones? Loud
- How do you spend an off day? Morning Exercise, learn, go someplace to stroll, hike, bike, meet up with buddies in night.
- Favourite trainer and why? Mr. Guerette – Kindergarten and Fifth Grade – understood my pursuits and studying kinds, and tapped into my aggressive spirit for studying.
- What’s one thing common that annoys you? Twitter, TikTok, Video Video games
- Favourite place to journey to: Ocean Metropolis, Md.
- Greatest recommendation you ever obtained: “Encompass your self round good individuals and good issues will occur”
- In the event you may have any superpower, what would you select and why? To have the ability to stretch/develop on command!
- Who could be at your excellent ‘Desk for 4’?- My Spouse Kate, My Mom, My Aunt Daryl and I
- What’s your most prized possession? Marriage ceremony Band
- Who’s your oldest buddy? The place did you meet? Patrick Mackey; Kindergarten – Block Heart
- Canine or cat? Canine
- In or out? Out
- Sizzling or chilly? Chilly
- Chocolate or vanilla? Vanilla
- Introvert or extrovert? Introvert, though I really feel this might be debated throughout the Stevens Neighborhood.
- Espresso or Tea? Tea
- Pancakes or waffles? Leggo my Eggo
- Cardio or weights? Weights
- Bacon or Sausage? Turkey Sausage
- Dawn or sundown? Dawn
- Cake or Pie? Pie
- On-line procuring or procuring in a retailer? In a Retailer
- Breakfast, lunch or dinner? Breakfast
- Seaside or pool? Pool
- Pen or Pencil? Pen
- Driver or passenger? Driver
- Glass half empty or half full? Half Full and all the time refillable
- Card recreation or board recreation? Board
- Ninjas or Pirates? Neither
- Fruits or greens? Fruits
- Would you reasonably be wealthy or well-known? Wealthy
- Library or museums? Library
- Summer season or Winter? Winter (Learn: Basketball Season)
- Hamburgers or sizzling canine? Hamburgers
- Who would win in a battle? Superman or Batman? Do not Care – Would not watch the film anyway
Fb: “Like” Stevens Athletics
SEA-MALLS | CURATED | QUALITY | VALUE | CONVENIENCE
Discover Excessive High quality Merchandise, Rigorously Curated from the very best Malls for
your comfort on SEA-Malls.com.
Professor Owl fastidiously selects what’s presently trending; Prime High quality,
From Crystals to Attire; If it’s not adequate for Professor Owl, it
has no place on SEA-Malls!
Trusted by Clients throughout 6 Continents, Professor Owl all the time says,
“High quality and Worth are NOT mutually unique”.
With Merchandise All the time on Sale, Over 45, 000 5 Star Critiques &
All the time FREE Transport Globally, SEA-Malls delivers prime quality, trending merchandise at actual worth & true comfort.