Here is a partial checklist of modifications within the retail and restaurant panorama throughout 2020 — closings, arrivals and newcomers anticipated for 2021:
CLOSINGS: Shops, eating places, bars and health facilities
• Black Eyed Pea: The comfort-food favourite closed southwest of Interstate 25 and Backyard of the Gods Highway in Colorado Springs after failing to achieve a brand new lease settlement. A second location stays open within the Citadel Crossing purchasing heart northeast of Academy Boulevard and Platte Avenue.
• Burlington: The division retailer closed on the north aspect Chapel Hills mall after failing to achieve a brand new deal on a lease with the proprietor of its anchor retailer house, which was separate from the mall’s possession. Burlington shops stay at The Citadel mall in central Colorado Springs and within the Powers Pointe purchasing heart on the northeast aspect.
• California Pizza Kitchen: Specializing in hand-tossed, thin-crust pies, the chain cited pandemic-related issues and leasing points with landlords when it closed in July on the north-side Promenade Retailers at Briargate. It was the final remaining California Pizza Kitchen on the town.
• C.B. & Potts: The regional restaurant chain, whose proprietor is predicated exterior Tacoma, Wash., shuttered its lone Springs-area location on the Polaris Pointe retail heart, southeast of Interstate 25 and North Gate Boulevard on the town’s far north aspect.
• Drifter’s Hamburgers: The longtime burger joint, which conjures up comparisons to the newly arrived In-N-Out Burger, closed its north-side location in October close to the Chapel Hills Mall. One other location stays open at 4455 Mark Dabling Blvd., close to Backyard of the Gods Highway.
• Gold’s Gymnasium, 24-Hour Health and Accolade: Gold’s Gymnasium, primarily based in Dallas, closed three Springs-area places in April; 24 Hour Health shuttered a northern Colorado Springs facility in June; and regionally owned Accolade Health closed its west aspect location in November, however continues to function its gymnasium on the town’s northwest aspect.
• Gordmans: The division retailer chain shuttered its three shops in Colorado, together with its longtime location on the Broadmoor Towne Heart on the Springs’ south aspect. One other Gordmans on the Chapel Hills mall closed in 2017.
• Pier 1: The Fort Price, Texas–primarily based vendor of ornamental house furnishings, items and furnishings closed its final two shops in Colorado Springs on the First & Major City Heart and the Promenade Retailers at Briargate. The retailer filed for chapter in February after years of poor gross sales, in line with nationwide information reviews.
• Stein Mart: The discounter filed for chapter in August and closed its retailer on the College Village Colorado purchasing heart.
• Tuesday Morning: The off-price retailer of house furnishings, housewares and different gadgets closed its retailer within the Southern Cross Purchasing Heart on the south aspect as a part of the chain’s Chapter 11 chapter submitting in June. Tuesday Morning nonetheless has shops on North Academy Boulevard within the Springs and at Powers Pointe.
• Village Inn: The nationwide chain has closed most of its native eating places; in 2020, it shuttered places at Austin Bluffs Parkway and Academy Boulevard in Colorado Springs and close to Interstate 25 and Colorado 105 in Monument.
• Zoës Kitchen: The Texas-based Mediterranean chain was comparatively new to the native market when it closed its two eating places on the town’s south and northeast sides.
• Different closings in 2020 included downtown companies Carle’s Comfort retailer, CJ Kard, Dickey’s Barbecue Pit, Iron Chicken Brewing Co., Starbucks, Tailor-made West ladies’s clothes, Thirsty Parrot, Triple Nickel Tavern and William Kurtz Ltd. males’s clothes; Flatirons restaurant on the south aspect; Mavi Kebab and Paris Crepes eating places in Manitou Springs; Buzz ‘n Bagels in Monument; Candy Elizabeth’s Organics restaurant on Colorado Springs’ northwest aspect; a GNC vitamin retailer in Woodland Park; Rocky Mountain Chocolate Manufacturing unit shops at The Citadel and Chapel Hills malls; Smashburger close to Austin Bluffs Parkway and Academy Boulevard; the Colorado Rand Market grocery southeast of Academy and North Carefree Circle; and Unbiased Information’ location on North Academy.
• Bread & Butter Neighborhood Market: The small, regionally owned grocery opened in September at 602 S. Nevada Ave. in downtown Colorado Springs.
• Buttermilk, A Breakfast Eatery: Opened in June on Colorado Springs’ north aspect as a part of the Polaris Pointe retail heart.
• Crave Sizzling Canine & Barbecue: The recent canine, barbecue and beer restaurant opened in late October within the Plaza at Barnes West retail heart, northwest of Powers Boulevard and Barnes Highway on the town’s northeast aspect.
• In-N-Out Burger: After a three-year wait, the California fast-food favourite opened its first Colorado Springs restaurant in November on the north-side Victory Ridge growth, southeast of InterQuest and Voyager parkways.
• Jax Fish Home & Oyster Bar: The seafood restaurant based in Boulder and with a number of places within the Denver space opened in January on South Tejon Road in downtown Colorado Springs.
• Magnum Taking pictures Heart: The indoor taking pictures vary on Colorado Springs’ far north aspect opened its second location in November inside a former Sears retailer on the Broadmoor Towne Heart, southeast of Southgate Highway and Nevada Avenue.
• Nékter Juice Bar: Specializing in wholesome juices, smoothies and acaí bowls, the California-based chain open in Might at 7340 N. Academy Blvd. in northern Colorado Springs.
• Parry’s: The pizza chain opened its first location in March on the Powers Pointe purchasing heart southwest of Powers Boulevard and Barnes Highway in northeast Colorado Springs, and opened a second restaurant in June at InterQuest Market, east of Interstate 25 and InterQuest Parkway on the far north aspect.
• RoadHouse Cinemas: The realm’s latest movie show, an eight-screen complicated that gives meals and beverage service for moviegoers as they watch movies, opened in August inside a transformed Kmart at 3030 N. Nevada Ave. in north central Colorado Springs.
• ViewHouse: The Denver-area restaurant and leisure venue debuted in February northeast of Interstate 25 and Woodmen Highway on the Springs’ north aspect.
NEWCOMERS/EXPANSIONS FOR 2021
• AirCity360 Journey Park: The household enjoyable heart — together with wall climbing, trampolines, an impediment course, dodgeball and a toddler space — broke floor in September and is concentrating on a spring opening in Polaris Pointe, southeast of Interstate 25 and North Gate Boulevard.
• Crush Golf: The state-of-the-art, year-round driving vary with eating and assembly services for golfers, households and company gatherings, is concentrating on a 2021 opening additionally in Polaris Pointe.
• In-N-Out Burger: Plans to open a second location east of Powers Boulevard and Structure Avenue, on the website of a former Outback Steakhouse within the First & Major City Heart.
SEA-MALLS | CURATED | QUALITY | VALUE | CONVENIENCE
Discover Excessive High quality Merchandise, Rigorously Curated from the most effective Malls for
your comfort on SEA-Malls.com.
Professor Owl rigorously selects what’s at present trending; Prime High quality,
From Crystals to Attire; If it’s not ok for Professor Owl, it
has no place on SEA-Malls!
Trusted by Clients throughout 6 Continents, Professor Owl at all times says,
“High quality and Worth are NOT mutually unique”.
With Merchandise All the time on Sale, Over 45, 000 5 Star Opinions &
All the time FREE Delivery Globally, SEA-Malls delivers top quality, trending merchandise at actual worth & true comfort.